Friday, November 9, 2012

A Birmingham lunch

 Today I am in Birmingham on business and decided to get out of my "I'm traveling so my only choice is a fast food drive-thru" rut.  I succeeded with Brick & Tin (www.brickandtin.com), located on 20th St. N. in downtown Birmingham.  My homemade butternut squash soup and "Tuscan" panini (portobello mushroom, sun dried tomato, walnut and provolone pesto on whole wheat bread) was absolutely delicious, healthy, and prepared within 5 minutes.  It was hard not to say "mmmm" after each bite.   While I waited for my food, I enjoyed looking at the beautiful tin ceiling and rustic decor, with trees lining the street outside.  Next door was a fast food sub shop, where I could have spent the same $8 on a prepackaged lunch meat sub and a bag of chips.  I'd call my effort a success.  Can't wait to find another local restaurant to try on my next trip here. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment